The Town of Oxford is working to:
Protect and enhance the quality of our water resources and improve wastewater service and eliminate environmental problems.
A Sewer Connection Incentive Program was developed to help eliminate water quality and service problems from failing septic systems by replacing them with a safe, public sanitary sewer.
Why is this program important:
- Failing septic systems are a potential source of increased pollution of our water resources.
- Failing septic systems often don't fully treat waste, which can then migrate to a nearby stream, lake, or shallow drinking water well,
- In extreme cases, failed systems can result in untreated waste in yards, creating a major health hazard.
The Town of Oxford has constructed sewer extensions in the street and brought a lateral line — a pipe from the sewer main — near your private property line. Now what?
- Complete an application for Sewer Service Installation.
- $40.00 due at the time of the application for a plumbing inspection.
- $1000.00 per unit is due at the time of application for NEW BUILDINGS for the building permit fee.
- Call a Contractor/plumber to connect your property to the system and ask for a quote.
- Hire the Contractor/Plumber to connect your property. They will coordinate with the Facility Superintendent for inspection.
- A loan program is available for all connection fees at the Town Office.